We are following the age old traditional Q&A model to teach people. Search the below FAQ’s to solve your queries. Most of the links refer to third party websites. The page is continuously updated for adding new information. Read Disclosures for Terms & Conditions
Why should I invest?
Well, money has the power to generate more money. The more money you have it will create more money which will create further money and cycle goes on. Its called compounding.See this video to understand the benefits of investing
What is financial planning?
Differences between saving and investing
What is risk?
What is inflation and what relation it has with investment?
How to start investing with no cash?
The common answer we come up if someone asks us to invest is - " I don't have money to invest". So what do you do? You can create cash by following
- Save - Reduce your non essential expenses. Free up some cash
- Pay less tax - Most people pay unnecessary taxes, if you plan well, you will find there is so much money you can save tax
- Increase your income - Ask your boss to raise your salary or do a part time consulting or tutoring anything which doesn't need money and uses your skills
- Sell stuff - You may be owning some extra things which you don't need really or not using. May be your morning walker, old bike or car, unnecessary furniture
- Delay paying loans - Reduce your home loan/other EMI's going to the bank and asking them to increase the loan repayment term
Once you generate additional money, you can invest that money for your future
What is a mutual fund?
What is a stock?
What is a bond?
Why should we invest in Mutual funds?
How does a mutual fund work?
What is an SIP and its benefits?
What are the different type of mutual funds?
There are different types of funds classified based on
purchasing flexibility - Open or closed
Securities they invest - purely bonds or purely equity or a mix of both
Companies they invest - large, medium, small or a mix of all with different proportions
Investing styles - value, growth
Sector focused - focused on specific industry - banks, pharma, FMCG etc
See this video for a simpler explanation
Can I invest in mutual funds to save tax?
Yes. These type of funds are called ELSS funds. Investments under this are exempted from tax under Sec 80C.
Stock vs. Real Estate, which is better?
There is no single rule, it depends on your convenience, expertise and time you can find to research, find good investments and buying them. Each one has its own advantages and disadvantages. Find the one which suits you well.
I want to make money by trading. How should I start?